Saturday, April 13, 2013


The importance of fathers in a family (week of March 18-22) I had no idea. I was raised pretty much by my mom she remarried once and divorced and had other relationships in which for a time it could be said I had a father..so I really don't know what that is like, this was as I got older a sad thing for me as I realized how much I felt I had missed out on having a Dad, it's something that I can't never make up for even though my mom was the best mom. For that reason though I have that goal to make sure that I have a secure and loving spouse that I know I can marry for all eternity and be a great father to my children so that we can both help them see what to expect from a spouse the husband or wife. I'm grateful however for the examples I have seen of priesthood holders in the church and how though I didn't have a father attempted to be their to help us with our needs. I could see their loving concern for their families as well as for mine and I knew it was important. Though things were not perfect for me growing up I have been blessed to have other qualities that I know will strengthen my future relationship because of the greater appreciation I have for what I lacked growing up. Fathers are way important in a family and I always had Heavenly Father if anything to help me guide me along the way, what I am today is a result of the choices I made with the challenges I faced, and I'm working to become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment